I think this may be the most lazy recipe ever in fact i would'nt even call it a recipe .
Me and my mum used to make these all the time and they are super delicious and are always a hit with friends and family , and are always surprised when i tell them almost no effort was made to make them .
You will need
- One sheet of shortcrust pastry
- Selection of jams I used Fig and Loganberry
- Muffin tin
- 3inch round pastry cutter or you could use a large glass
- 1 table spoon of unsalted butter
- tea spoon
- soup spoon
Makes 12 tarts
1.Preheat the oven to 200c ( fan assisted oven)
2. Butter your muffin tin thoroughly using kitchen paper dipped in butter.
3.Carefully unravel your pastry , taking care not to break it , cut circles one at a time using your
pasty cutter , and press lightly into the muffin tin.
4. Add a tea spoon of jam into each pastry case , being careful not to get it on the tin (it will take forever to get off other wise)
5.Put the tarts at top of the oven for about 10-15 Min's , or until the pastry is golden brown .
6 . Remove from oven being careful not to tip the try , because the jam would of turned into liquid .
leave to cool for 40mins.
7.Remove cooled jam tarts from tin with soup spoon , and place on tray or cake stand , and enjoy.
Did you try makeing these ?
let me know below.